Monday, August 20, 2007

Motel Sign Print

I just finished a new two-color print that I will be sending to the Print Exchange Five, an exchange I was invited to on printmakers.info.

I did two versions, one on glossy white card stock and one on rough cardboard-y card stock. At first I liked the one on the brown cardboard better, but the white one grew on me so I have decided to send that one out. Here they are:

El Trovatore Print - white

El Trovatore Print - brown


I am very happy about these prints, because I have tried several times to make prints from my motel sign photographs with little success. In the past I was trying to get too much detail into the prints. This time I concentrated on stripping out a lot of detail and including very bold outlines, which seemed to work a lot better. I had so much fun with this one I am going to attempt a series!

1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

This print made me stop in my tracks! Seriously, you definately need to get over the fact that you have no formal training because you are SO good! I'm loving the cardboard cardstock, but then I gravitate towards printing on chipboard after my trip to YEE-HAW.