Sunday, November 11, 2007

Business Cards & Postcards

Business Card


Here is a business card I just finished for myself in preparation for next week's craft show. The text was printed using a polymer plate, and the men are from some vintage letterpress items I picked up on eBay. No idea who the men are except that they came from Minnesota, and there were at least fifty of them! I've found it to be a challenge when I have been printing linocuts, and then I switch to printing with the polymer plates or the halftone plates like these. When I print linocuts I am trying to get as much ink as possible on those wide surfaces, and then I have to concentrate on getting just the right amount with the polymer or halftone plates.

Speaking of the contrast between polymer plates and linocuts, I also finished a promotional postcard for the show based on my earlier "resolve" design. Here it is:

Etsy Postcard

1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Looking good- I found some half tone plates at the flea market, stars of The Opry, but have never attempted to print them. Actually, they are not mounted.
Looking forward to news on the show.