Thursday, July 10, 2008

Popcorn Test Print

Linoleum Block for Large Pop Corn Print Closeup

Test Print for Large Pop Corn Print Closeup


I've been working on a larger print now that I have some time to get back to carving. This is a 12"x18" block that I just finished. I don't know if she remembers, but when Shona sent me some prints a while back she used a popcorn box as some extra packing material. I liked it so much I saved it and this is what came out of the inspiration!

I am planning on making it a two color print, and having a solid background color behind this, although if that doesn't look good I'll probably end up carving another block to fill in some combination of the stripes or letters. I just tested it out with some old black water based ink I had lying around. I am thinking yelow and blue and yellow and red for color combinations -- I hope to do a couple different variations.

1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I remember...I was at the video store + they have a popcorn machine at the exit. I saw the box, loved the graphics + thought it would make great packing material. I picked up a box + as I walked out the door I wondered if taking it was stealing? I'm sure the box cost more than the actual popcorn. No one stopped me + they have continued to let me rent movies.

I love your ideas!