Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Have you ever ridden an alpine slide?

I had not until a few weeks ago when I rode the one in Gatlinburg, TN. It was so much fun and it inspired me to start a set of prints based on the attractions in Gatlinburg. The first one is of course the alpine slide:


Alpine Slide Print with inked linoleum block

Alpine Slide Prints - fade to purple


We now want to seek out and ride all the alpine slides left in existence! Kind of like the people that visit all the major league baseball parks I guess...

1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

The best thing I ever saw in Gatlinburg was a Dolly Parton lollypop- it was her bust-in the traditional sense of a bust, which also included her very famous...bust. My parents were visiting + my dad bought every one that they had as joke gifts, because that's where my family's humor is at.

And to answer your question…nope, I’ve never ridden an Alpine Slide